Bloomhill Cancer Care has developed the Lived Experience Advisory Group (LEAG) to further the meaningful inclusion of people with a lived experience of cancer and engage communities in integrative oncology, cancer survivorship and wellness. The LEAG will work in line with the organisation Why, Aspiration and Values and be involved in activities, projects and initiatives.
Purpose of the Lived Experience Advisory Group
The group performs a strategic advisory role to Bloomhill with its purpose being:
- To provide a vehicle for empowerment through safely sharing personal stories of cancer experience, including survival and loss to ensure the voice of those touched by cancer is central to everything considers and plan.
- To engage people in their lived experience of cancer, and their service (Bloomhill) to ensure the effects of decisions of the organisation on clients are considered in a meaningful way.
- To provide advice and insights into areas of cancer care in which lived experience can add value to the quality and effectiveness of the service/activity
- Identifying additional ways in which Bloomhill can support, encourage and empower people with a lived experience of cancer to become involved in survivorship and wellness
- Provide guidance to Bloomhill in the Annual Operational Plans and implementation of strategic plans.
Members are selected on the basis of their lived experience of cancer and their ability to contribute effectively to Bloomhill’s strategic focus on developing a skilled, proactive Lived Experience Advisory Group.
Members will include, where possible, expertise from the diversity of lived experiences of cancer. Members are appointed for a term of 12 months.
To learn more about our Lived Experience Advisory Group or enquire about becoming a member, please contact our Wellness Centre on (07) 5445 5794.